One of the most difficult problems facing ex-offenders is finding a stable job that can lead to a promising future. Often young, inexperienced, and living in a world of illusions, most ex-offenders lack knowledge about opportunities appropriate for their red flag backgrounds.
This is the first book to outline jobs for ex-offenders. It profiles 101 opportunities (job outlook, nature of work, qualifications, earnings, contacts) that are open to ex-offenders.
It also identifies various jobs closed to ex-offenders by law because of their convictions.
128 pages. 7 x 10. Softcover. October 2008.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What's the Best Job for You?
- Transitional Employment Experiences
- Jobs Closed to Ex-Offenders
- Construction Trades
- Manufacturing Jobs
- Service Industry Jobs
- Nonprofit Jobs
- Ex-Offenders in the New Military
- Office and Administrative Support Jobs
- Transportation and Material Moving Jobs
- Travel and Hospitality Industry Jobs
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Jobs
- Self-Employment Opportunities
By Ron Krannich, Ph.D.